11/25/09

Colorful (I love You)


Yesterday

Yesterday
Everything was all gravy
And life was a bed of roses
You filled my life with joy
And my heart with cautious optimism
Clear and Distinct
I felt I meant everything to you
Yesterday, you were mine




Today




Today
The gravy has gone bad
And life is a bed of thorns
You fill my life with pain
And my heart with unmistakable sadness
confusion and mixed signals
I doubt that I mean anything at all
Today, I've lost you




Tomorrow?




Dear Chameleon
I know not what tomorrow brings
For you constantly oscillate 
Between 'yesterday' and 'today'
You love me ... You love me not
You want me ... You want me not
You love him not ... You love him
Yesterday ... Today






Dearest Chameleon
You leave me with a splitting headache
Consistency and Stability, are all I ask
False Impressions, Distortions, Disillusionment
I shy away from such
So since you change your color so often
I pray, do tell ...
... What color should I expect tomorrow?

7 comments:

  1. dearest chameleon..... u'll be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what the chameleon pictures were for but I now understand. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it.... but that's life, change is needed.. sometimes not when we want it though. But God dey.. 'everything's gonna be alright!' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ei busta chale u're too deep for me o.lol..glad u like it eh..
    change is needed eh--- so d guy in question should jus let d girl go eh, sake off these her 'pendulum' tins dieh.. d pet owner should sell his/her pet eh, sake off d pet cant make up its mind if it likes its master or not..hehe, I was actually thinkin abt one of d dogs in my house in GH, d dog is so useless, granted, u were born after i left n all..but after 4week of seeing me come n go as i please in my house, u'd think it wud figure out dat i'm house owner, not thief, yet every day d dog wants to bite me, one day it was so nice to me, i tot maybe it was sick, or blind...very confusing dog indeed, dun like it at allll...lol
    anyhu, where was i...aha, ur change theory, pet owner shd sell d dog? haha, man shd leave d grl?..God shd leave our life 4 us, n forget about us? Obviously each case warrants a diff answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the persona try telling the dearest chameleon that they don't like these "it's me surprise!!!" things?
    Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. gud question, i dunno... i mean i thnk persona may hav complained abt sum stuff.. but me av told him to leav her, cos wen sum1 likes u its very obvios, if homegrl cant make up her mind then he shd dog, esp if ders sum random ex-mainsqueeze or wateva lurkin in d shadows. plus i mean come on d grl must b an idiot if she thnks dat any1 actually likes 'it's me surprise' thns. lol..infact now she is borin me.lolol

    as 4 me n my dog, no we dun communicate.

    ReplyDelete