10/13/10

Blindness : The Dark

Blindness:
Loss or absence of the ability to perceive visual images


It's right in front of you!!
Why can't you see??!!
They kept screaming at her
Thinking she most certainly must be a moron
For there is no other logical explanation
For no one can possibly be that blind
.. That naive, that trusting, that deluded
Stupid, Fool, Idiot

I'm scared of the dark
I hate being the blind one
Groping for that which I cannot see
Throwing darts in the dark
And wishing on a star that I do not miss
So I avoid the unknown

Yet we live in a world of the unknown
And we are all blind, or atleast a little bit
Sometimes we have to grope around in the dark
Other times we just have to throw the darts and wish..
You cannot avoid the unknown if you live in it
You just need to make sure you are not alone in the dark
Everyone has people who care about them
Realizing you were never alone.. Knowing the people who truly care
Gives you a head start

Some people can't see at all
Some see only what they want to see
Some see what they have been avoiding
Some see what has been there all along

And some just count themselves lucky
Because they can see clearly now
With a little help from their other four senses
In this strange, dark world


Perceive:
To become aware of, know or identify by means of the senses

Defn: Dictionary.com

You were never alone, just listen through the silence, you'll hear someone else breathing, someone else whispering, someone else listening, someone else moving, someone else sniffing ..

1 comment: