1/24/10

Ultimate Loser



They say its never about who wins or loses
Its about being able to take the risk
Hoping for the best and learning from the worst
That's what they say

You said it wasn't a game
It was never about who won or lost
You never meant to take me for a ride
Yet you did

I said I could handle whatever the outcome was
I did not know what I was in for
They say its never about who wins or loses
But what do I do when I've lost everything?

When my feelings have not changed
When your feelings are all over the place
When you are the one who makes me happy
How am I not the loser?

They say, 'No worries. Its his loss'
How is it 'his loss' when I am the only one who suffers?
They say a lot of things
Yet they do nothing

They say its all about what happens next
How I cope and what I do
What if I don't want to cope
What if I want to fight for you ... still

But I was never a fighter
.. And which fool fights for what is not theirs?
For me, its now or never ...
So that is a question you need to answer ... again

I am tired of playing games with you
For I'm the only one who loses



Inspired by the phrase 'Ultimate loser', and some movie i watched, can't remember what its called though.

*** Hey people! I need a favor. Can you lemme know which two or three posts you love the most (on this blog)? I need to email like 2 poems to a poetry professor in my school, and appeal for him to let me into his class... and I dunno which ones to send. I'm not an English major, and I'm graduating this semester, so he being all long tin about it...ahiaa for me not being an English major, eh? Lemme know your suggestions in your comments, ok. Thanks Loves.


6 comments:

  1. this is half of my love life's biography chale. lol. great piece. REAL - that's what i love abt it. I fcbk inboxed you the 2 i narrowed down to.. very hard assignment because I love all your pieces. they may be on the same subject but you always change the perpective or angle or mood..You're just AWESOME hannie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..Busta, u will kill me o...'love life biography' paa..n then half of it? lmao!!! u're funny,u. but thanks for d response chale..i'll go n check..i want to take d class as pass/fail..no pressure for me chale.
    o n about my 'awesomeness'--- blush*blush*..oooo stAp eeeeet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My faves would be The wait and Tears in heaven, got a soft spot for them. Ask again ahia for it. mttcchheew. hehe. I'm back now, hopefully to saty..been MIA for a while.
    You always write what I got on my mind. You could make a fortune as a mind reader..honestly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears in heaven is one of my favs too, u kno.
    I know ryt, i just want to take the class pass/fail o, d guy is just roshing me.
    Welcome Back!
    lmao..its a recession chale, i'm considering my options..i will add mind reading to the list chale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chale! sometimes its better knowing you gave it all you had, so if you dint get the result you wanted. You may have just escaped and even more ULTIMATE LOSING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fresh gyal chupa chop :-) Hiiiiiii !!!
    True, i guess it is better giving it your all.. then if dat still doesn't work, u jus move on n close dat chapter forever, u pro'ly did escape d worst, n hopefully heading for somethn better.

    ReplyDelete