8/23/10

The learning Disorder


Apparently one should learn from their mistakes
Well then we must have a serious learning disorder
Because we keep making the same mistakes over and over again
But can anyone really blame us?
If some of our mistakes come in different shapes and forms
Every time we think: different scenario, different circumstances
But wait! Different scenario, different circumstances, Same Fool!
Like some sort of cosmic joke, and the gods are against us
The truth so often evades us, and the 'aha!' moment comes too late
Suddenly we see the truth, that perhaps we had once known
The truth, that perhaps we chose to forget


We suddenly realise...

We should have tried harder
We should have pushed forward
We should have backed down
We should have said something
We should have said nothing
We should have prayed
We should have stayed home
We should have helped
We should have saved
We should have mended that broken relationship
We should have overcome our learning disorder

But we did not... and the cycle goes on

Different scenario, different circumstances
Same old retard


~ Inspiration: I was telling a friend about the different ways i've spent money this summer, and how i'm going to save...and then i was like...oh but i want to do this and that and that...and then I realised, I would always have something (something that's not always smart) to use my money for... meanwhile i hate being broke oh. lol..i'm like a retard, i never learn. We then had a group convo about how people sometimes just don't want to learn. We keep making the same mistakes, just in a diff manner/fashion. It progresses from the very minute things to the really grave/ epic situations, shenanigans and conundrums we concern ourselves with.
D.E.U.C.E.S.

2 comments:

  1. I won't do that again. I will learn from my mistakes. :)

    I like this very much. Keep writing Shels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True word Shelz. but as long as we keep learning, one day we will recognize them in whatever disguise they come in.
    thanks for this piece.

    ReplyDelete