11/22/09

Make Over ... (No longer Dys-Functional)


Okay, so I'm gonna be honest. I didn't feel like writing another story on Akorfa and her depressingly dysfunctional relationship. Plus, I have a lot of work to do this week, so can't really do a full blown story. So decided to 'cut a long story short' (sorry lovers). Basically, here's an abridged version. Dzifa listened to her father's advice, and cut of all ties with Kwesi. In fact, she didn't talk to him for like 8 months (boy, do I love the number 8, eh!).. Yeah, and she focused on herself, and her spiritual, emotional, and career development. She also spent more time with loved ones, and realized there were a lot of things she was passionate about that she didn't even bother exploring simply because she was utilising all her mental faculty (and with no pay) on some guy who shouldn't matter to her. Yeah, so as I was saying, the next time she met Kwesi, she realized that even though she still had some feelings for him, he was certainly not the man for her.... and eventually after a year and a half, she could say without even the slightest doubt that she was over him. Also, she found another guy. This guy treated her so well, that sometimes she found herself wondering when someone was going to pinch her out of her sweet dream. Assume that this is a poem she wrote. I guess its a poem for Kwesi, one about her experiences, and one that he will never read. 







Once upon a time
I was a naive little girl
I trusted so completely
Despite my initial hesitancy
I loved so deeply
Despite my initial skeptism

Once upon a time
You infected me
With your confusion
You infected me
With your insecurities
You made our love a battlefield

Once upon a time
You hurt me
And I was scarred for life
I looked in the mirror
And I could not recognize myself
Indeed, you had changed me

Once upon a time
I decided to let go
I decided to quit you
I decided to not wallow in misery
I decided to not try to comprehend
I decided to find the best in me

Now here I stand
Head held up high
My face is graced with a smile
Yes, I'm not who I was before
I'm better, wiser, stronger
I found myself again

Now here I stand
Ready to give my all again
No 'once bitten twice shy's
No half commitments
No references to the past
Because this time its different

I did not 'fall' in love
It didn't hit me on the head
Leaving me with a concussion
This love was a gradual process
I saw it and I liked it
I felt it, I interacted with it
I chose it, I loved it

Neyo - Over  (Amazing song! Perfectly describes Akorfa's happy place)

~ Sometimes we get hurt so badly that we become very skeptical and pessimistic. This is for the pessimists. Remember sometimes we hurt in order to grow, and sometimes we only see clearly after our eyes have been washed with tears.

I guess all I'm saying is don't give up completely. I'm not saying don't recognize an ass for what it is - an ass. All I'm saying is recognize that there are birds, butterflies, lions and elephants too. Its just that the asses come out to play more often. So just keep your head above the water, and one day someone might just surprise you. :-) Also, never let any confused person leave you confused, frustrated, and drained. Think about it, life is short, and we spend 8hrs of the 24 hrs sleeping... another 8hrs or so going to work, or going to school and doing coursework. Now if you spend your last 8hrs thinking about some fool (an even bigger idiot will spend the 16hrs thinking about this person and the 8hrs dreaming about the person. lol) then chale, go for counseling or deliverance or something. For reals.
Ok, its a wrap. Go ye forth and go do some good. hehe!

6 comments:

  1. YAY! There is hope! hahahahaa!!! i love it... a reawakening to the reality that is!( even though I would have loved another story) you and this number 8 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now i have to go back and read up previously posted posts

    Seems like an interesting story.

    Nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. as Mensa Otabil wil say - 'There is hope for the future, says the Lord'.
    chale i hav chao projects an' tins. Maybe xmas, i'll take time off my busy 'hot xmas chillin in d sun' schedule n write one. lol
    .. but yeah Akorfa has realized that a SIMPLE LIFE = NO PIMPLES, ONLY DIMPLES...LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Chayoma - :-) (blushes pink n purple, hehe) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely conclusion. I love the poem. It's filled with hope and looking to the future, goes well with the pic. Nice one Shels

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Myne. dats wat i thought abt the picture too.. n wen u r set free from such heavy chains ... wen u'se so far away from the bullocks dat all u smell is freah air, all u can do is lift your hands and give thanks.

    ReplyDelete