Secondhand serenades
Afternoon Lullabies
Bits and Pieces
Sneak Peeks
That's all I ever get
You're like a dark house
And every now and then
You open up the windows
Just a little bit
And tell me to look in
.. like a dark house
Let me in, will you?
I don't want slightly opened windows
I want the doors wide open
So I can walk right in
And make a home for you and I
Secondhand serenades?
I want the whole song
And I want to be the first to hear it
Afternoon Lullabies?
How about you spend the night?
And i want to wake up... to you
Bits and Pieces?
I want all the pieces
I want all of you
Sneak Peeks?
I want the whole picture
I want the whole shebang
But I'm not ready
So I get secondhand serenades
And borrowed words
When I guess what you would rather do
Is serenade me from the very depths
Very depths of your vulnerable heart
I get secondhand serenades
Afternoon Lullabies
Bits and Pieces
Sneak Peeks
Because that's all I ever have to offer
Inspiration: Secondhand Serenade (the band, with lead vocalist John Vesely). I was listening to my favorite song on the album 'A Twist In My Story', the song is called Fall for You. You should look for it, its good. Alright, so I've always wondered, why the name 'secondhand serenade' for a band? And what the heck is a secondhand serenade...so ya, I was thinking, then I started writing, and then in the middle somewhere, I decided to add a twist (lol, 'A twist in MY story', haha, i'm an idiot, lmao..but if you didn't catch dat then maybe i'm not such a dry idiot after all)..and then I just kept on writing ...

eish...
ReplyDeletethis has got me thinking. true though - you've got to give your all to receive all.
when you want a full glass of ice-cold water you don't top up a half filled left-to-sit-in-the-room glass of water. it must be emptied of all barriers - the glass must be prepared to receive...
oooo, i like ur glass analogy..n happy birthday agen..on some birthday wisdom! sheee...
ReplyDeleteHow cool will it be if there was a like button?
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday 'Shels"
well, d closest thn to d like button are the reaction boxes.lol.Thanks agen for d belated wishes.
ReplyDeletesome serious bday wisdom... we are growing. lol
ReplyDelete