9/23/10

Perspectives and Perceptions

Photo credit: I found it on flicker, by Lauri Ward. I really like it, thought I'd share it. Somehow it inspired me to write this post for 3 of my friends celebrating their birthdays today.

I've seen it all
All that was meant to stay in the dark
And all that was brought to light
I've seen it all

I've been the silent observer
I've been the one who spoke when no one else could
Sometimes I'm blunt, other times I'm politically correct
I've said it all

I've been there
I've done that
I've felt it all
The pain
The sadness
The hurt
The joy
The euphoria
The passion
I've felt it all

The fights
The drama
The complications
The celebrations
The break-ups
The make-ups
I've definitely seen my fair share

I peer at the world with these eyes of mine
And I take each day as it comes
Knowing that sometimes not everything I see looks good
There's the good, the bad and the ugly
And I've seen it all

But with these two eyes
I have control over my perspective
And my perspective affects my perception
And my perception affects my perspective
So I stay positive
Knowing that there's beauty in every ugly


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LOVES!

W.M. Coleman, K. Adoo, N. Nettey (dang! thats a lot for one day)

Life is a beach, bitchessss!!! 
Friends don't always get along, they don't always agree with each other, and they can down right just piss you off, but one thing is a constant-- their friendship. Friends can give each other crap, but they never treat each other like crap (sheeeee...flow me, flow me... i gAt lyrics..lmao, i'm just a fool chale)

1 comment: