I have given up on grasses green
For never have I experienced it first hand
For i have always been just okay
Only been just ordinary
Greener pastures? Hear-say! Hear-say, I say!
Greener pastures? Hear-say! Hear-say, I say!
I have given up on grasses green
Because clearly, I was born in a desert
I am just a grain of sand blending in
With no hope of ever seeing a lawn
I am always just okay
You see, some of us were never meant to see green
Seems my life got the memo, Keep off the grass!!
That some feet are made for walking on pavements
And so they walk till they tire
Then they stray unto the street, not the grass
And God forbid that they get knocked over
By a passing bus or truck, heck, even a bicycle
Noooo, definitely not a Limo
Noooo, that would be too cool
For those to whom green is just a tale
Happy Cyber Monday!!
I wrote this on Thanksgiving day, can you imagine? But I didn't want to post it, cos I felt like it might be a little inappropriate for the occasion.


Shelz you're crazy.
ReplyDeleteI guess we must learn to be content with what God gives us.
dunno about the last part.. I think it depends on what God gives you.. lemme rephrase - What you assume has been given to you by God.
ReplyDeleteNot everyone considers thanksgiving to be a joyous event particularly because it precedes a dark and devious aspect of American History.
ReplyDeleteYup. Very True.. its interesting how the day has been changed, people forget what really happened..or have chosen not to talk about it. Afterall, focus on the good, forget the horrible...??...
ReplyDelete