11/20/10

You Paint Me


Cos you have a sweet sinful smile. I'm in trouble. Cos you turn me upside down and around and around


There's color in my cheeks
Eeeek!!! There it is again
Creeping slowly and spreading
Spreading all over

I'm all red, I'm all hot
Every single inch of me
Burns for you
Certainly, I've got the hots for you

Suddenly, I want to be good for you
All the darkness, all the black, out the window
Because I want to be pure, white as snow, for you
Because you make me yellow as the sun

Yellow as the sun, I say
And occasionally you make me green
Green, and a different kinda red
When you turn on your charm, for anyone but me

And when that happens, when that happens
Insecurities creep in, and all is grey
And I wonder when that day will come
When you will paint me blue

Just like everyone else who has been here
Only for the next stranger to ask, yet again
Honey, is blue your favorite color?
Only for me to reply..

'No, No, No.. It's the painters' favorite!!'

                                                                         S.H.E.L.S

I see how things can turn red, yellow, green, white whatever, but when ish hits the fan, and you become blue, dun ever turn black .. bitterness can eat your soul, dun let it. Toodles guyyys!!

For You, You've turned me yellow jello. lol

1 comment:

  1. I am loving this poem. It all all the elements of the emotions we feel with someone we are very fond of.

    Happy weekend, Shels

    ReplyDelete