12/22/09

Mountain and the Sea



Heart made of steel
No one could steal
Words filled with venom
Eyes shooting daggers
No one dared come close
The mountain no one could move
They called her the Iron Lady

You call me a mountain

And I call you the sea

I'll stand tall and certain

And watch you swallow me

The mountain no one could move
They called her the Iron Lady
Yet her words were filled with venom
Cos their words were filled with lies
So she built her fortress
And let down her hair only for the man
The man who had the heart to climb

You can move me if you want to
You can move a mountain
You can move me if you want to
You can move everything

For his heart was filled with all she needed
Truth, Trust, and Commitment
His beautiful soul moved the mountain
Her walls came tumbling down
The keys to her heart were his for keeps
They called her the Iron Lady
She left them confused

You call me a mountain

And I call him the sea

I'll stand tall and certain
And watch him swallow me

They called her the Iron Lady
Everyone called her a mountain
Yet he was her sea
She stood tall and certain
And watched him swallow her
Yes he moved a mountain
And she wouldn't have it any other way





~ I seriously need to not use the word 'move' for like a month or two..i seem to love it.lol.
~ Erm this is for 'Hey Papi!' aka. 'Double D', cos I was inspired by some our random Skype Convo.
~ Ingrid Michaelson :-)

4 comments:

  1. "Yes he moved a mountain
    And she wouldn't have it any other way" OOH this sounded a bit, u know..naughty :-P
    But I like this...in the end..what kinda lady was she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao....i know .. i was like hmm, dis word 'move' gives it two diff meanings and dat wasn't even my intention chale..i was thinking more of d feeling, not d action, but o well, both work in dis case.lol

    What kinda lady was she?.... well, she had the whole iron lady/ unmovable mountain facade because she just hadn't found any correct person who could be trusted or who she could be with. Maybe what she wanted wasn't what the other guys wanted.. there could be many explanations, but in the end we see that the hard exterior was only to protect the soft interior. Under the right conditions the bud blossomed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. me and the iron lady are very good friends.. going thru thed same shes a few steps ahead though.. lol I LOVE IT!
    and yes this word move. u like it papa!!!. playing with meanings eih!

    ReplyDelete
  4. not dis time Busta, dis time i really wasnt oh.

    ReplyDelete