2/24/10

So mmmm Watcha Say? (Waking Up To Love)

'I've never been this close to anyone or anything. I can hear your thoughts, I can see your dreams, and I dunno how you do what you do. I'm so in love with you, and it just keeps getting better ...'


He said,
Don't know much about your life
Don't know much about your world
But don't want to be alone tonight
On this planet they call earth

She thought,
You don't know about my past
And I don't have a future figured out
And maybe this is going too fast
And maybe its not meant to last

But what do you say to taking chances
What do you say to jumping off the edge
Never knowing if there is solid ground below
Or a hand to hold
Or hell to pay
What do you say?

There's something scary about jumping of the edge
Not knowing what you're in for or what you're up against
One may argue that you may end up with injuries of all sorts
Injuries that very well could have been avoided
You may even jump to your death
And then get bounced out of  Heaven because 'Heaven dun like suicide'
Most risk-averse people are inclined towards certainty
Simply because with certainty comes direction
And knowing where you're heading is in itself the first step
Agreed -- Direction is key
But no one is a magician or seer
We can't always tell where we are heading
We can only tell what we feel in our hearts
So when someone asks you to take that leap of faith
Reaching out their hand for you to hold
Know that you might not know what is beneath
But as long as that hand is always there
That is probably all you will ever need
So I guess the vital question when someone asks you to leap is..
Will you jump with me, and where is your hand?
Because all the mammoth obstacles become trivialities
Once you have that hand to hold

So mmmmm watcha say?


~ LOL. In ur face, semi-permeable membrane!
Inspired by Gleeeeeeee..hehe... so this is for DJ Nugget, and Busta (sake of my Aunty Adisa thns.. lol.. but remember, no hand = no jump oh!), and DD, because you love 'mmm watcha sayyyy'.

I'll like to share with you a 'cliff-railing' anology.

So imagine you were on a cliff, at the edge of the cliff, and you wanted to see what was down that cliff. Most people would not get too close to the edge if there was no railing, for fear that they could easily fall off..and wouldn't that be disastrous?
However, imagine the edge had safety railings? People would probably be more inclined to lean on the railing and peer down, forgetting that the railings might infact be weak and rickety... next thing you know you're falling to your death.
I'm not going to explain, because it could apply to any and everything, and I'm kinda hungry right about now..lol.. so ya, thats just something to think about... and I am going on a food hunt..toodles!

Happy Wednesday night!

2 comments:

  1. have i told you i love you.. if not i hope you have figured..but i'll still say it I LOVE YOU!!! aunty adisa.. ok.. but only if the hand is there. thanks shelo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. dun worry boo i know u love me.. haha, yes please only if the hand is there.

    ReplyDelete