2/4/10

A step towards eternity


I'm overjoyed and over-loved and feeling lucky
Like a little boy who's hiding under covers
And looking to discover any way ..
.. to play the part inside his darkened cave
Well the meaning of life ..
.. it starts at the night light
Close your eyes 
I hope you see mine


About a journey of a thousand miles
They say it starts with a step
Not just any step
But a bold step in the right direction
About knowing someone like the back of your palms
I say it starts with a 'hello, how are you?'
So today I finally muster the courage
To say with my lips ..
.. What I think with my mind

Well I've seen a thousand things in one place
But I stopped my counting when I saw your face
Erasing memory, I feel as though ..
..  I'd never seen a face before
Until I saw your eyes ..
.. smiling back at me through my tears
I'd been counting all these years
Now suddenly the thousand things I'd seen ..
.. were nothing more than dreams of you and me


About a journey shared with special company
I say it starts with an invitation
That face, that smile
Stunning, Unforgettable, Irreplaceable
You smile and misery disappears
To own that smile, that’s all i think about
So today I finally muster the courage
To say with my lips ..
.. What I see in my dreams

You and me quietly at a stand still
Fortunately, you will kiss me ..
.. and I'll kiss you back
Fact of the matter is that ..
.. I don't know what the latter is ..
.. that I always wanted to kiss you ..
.. but I always wanted to run from you
Because I always wanted to miss you
And I've always wanted to come for you


I take the first step
A step towards an eternity
And anything life throws at us
We shall overcome
And at the end of the day
All that is left is you and me
Quietly at a stand still
I hear your heart beat
And you hear mine
It beats for you
I finally mustered the courage
To talk with my heart

So... how do you do? 


"Just about the time the shadows call, I undress my mind and dare you to follow. Paint a portrait of my mystery, only close my eyes and you are here with me. A nameless face to think I see to sit and watch the waves with me till they're gone. A heart I swear I recognize is made out of my own devices...." 

~ So its February, apparently the month of love .. or something along those lines, lol. So I've decided that atleast until after the 14th, I'm not writing anything sad .. only 'happy happy joy joy'  stories, lol, to fill you with hope and to celebrate the season of love. Oh, and if you do have that special someone, don't wait for some random day in February to let them know how you really feel about them, say it all the time, so they never ever forget, so they know how special they are, so they know you'll always be there. If you have spotted someone too, look sharp, cos sometimes people focus so much on being logical that they end up missing out on some amazing things in life. They say you never know what you've got till its gone, but here is the thing, sometimes people do not even know that they have lost anything .. but others see it, so no slacking people. Oh, and ladies, don't always wait for a guy to tell you how he feels, time is money, lmao, look sharp. Okay, its a wrap. If you have any special requests, holla!


~ Inspired by Jason Mraz (a 1000 things), twas never really released, and if you love that song, then this is for you too. For now, the other two people i know who love the song are Mush and Minks, enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. It is so lovely, and I love Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Harry -- pls dont cry.lol
    @ Myne -- tanx Myne. Jason is jus too good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful! Jason is good stuff no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) busta, i'm sad, cant make it 2 boston.. trains n buses not working, snow is thigh level..sob sob. n sadik is one of d few ppl who will do anything for me..ahh, i'm sad..i hope u lot hav a blast.

    bugs, it seems d only thn i'll do 2day is have snow ball fights. smh

    ReplyDelete