7/13/10

Sugar and air...all just sugar and air


You filled up my senses
Everything about you drove me insane

You filled up my mind with ideas
Your words transformed ideas into possibilities

Everything I saw with my mind and heart
I realized was all just a mirage

For I was just a clinical trial, an experiment
To find out if you had defeated your demons

All you were doing was groping around in the dark
And I was left shooting darts in the dark

And when push came to shove, when it mattered the most
I realized all your fluffy and sugary words meant nothing

The sugar, the fluff, all the cotton candy
All that may have been sweet, fluffy, 'flossy'

But that's the thing about cotton candy
Its just sugar spun at high speed, heated


It is all soft and fluffy when dry
Feels like wool when you touch it

But when exposed to moisture
It becomes course, hard, and less 'flossy'

No more fluff, no more cotton candy
That which looked so grand, is suddenly so tiny

We see it for what it really is
Sugar and air, just sugar and air



Inspired by cotton candy, and my craving for it. Its really just sugar, color and air. lol.
~ I hope people recognize the cotton candy for what it is--> sugar and air, too much of it will make you sick. where 'cotton candy' is BS. Family, friends and loved ones can come up with all sorts of BS, learning to tell the chaff from the grain is really the key to your sanity.
Photos: the second one is called 'death by cotton candy', i got from SamanthaKrieger's blog. The first one i got from the Saatchi Gallery.


3 comments:

  1. mmmm....
    illusions of love really are sweet, full of color and empty - sadly it's what many ppl subscribe to.
    its a really good analogy especially since it can't take the moisture - can't handle the tears and sweat - the pain and hard work that actually make it work and be worth it.
    Love is hard oohh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolol..i'm glad u like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this and i want me some sugar candy too. :)

    ReplyDelete