12/11/09

Through the storm... We change the world!!



The storm is coming, but I don't mind
People are dying, I close my blinds
All that I know is I'm breathing now
I want to change the world .. Instead I sleep
I want to believe in more than you and me
But all I can do is keep breathing ...


I had a dream, a wonderful dream
That I could grow up and change the world
I had a dream, that I could go places
So I toiled to get where I am
High school, College, Work, Marriage, LIFE
I still toil, I still sweat
I'm lethargic, I'm tired
Its more than I anticipated
More than I can take
... I sleep ... I snooze
I still have a dream, a distant dream


On the road to the riches don't forget to stop and take pictures
Pay attention to each detour and u-turn along the way
Be aware of the winding roads
Know that as long as you take it slow
You'll be fine, plus you'll find ... You're already there
Cos life ain't always about where you finish
But what you learn along the way
So as you chase success, remember that I told you
You look fine, then you'll find ... You're already there


I worry, I fret, I feel inadequate
Pressure, Competition, It gets harder and harder
Many rivers to cross, many hurdles to jump
The world is hard, fast and cold
The whole world is moving forward, yet I stand still
I am afraid I will fail .. What is failure?
I'm lethargic, I'm tired
Its more than I anticipated
More than I can take
... To sleep? ... To snooze?
I can't simply dream, I have to live it


With the glass half empty, at least you know you aren't thirsty
Try to see it for what it is, half full, now take a sip
Don't compare your life to somebody else
Cos you don't know just what they are going through
Don't be blind, the sun shines on everybody here
I know that sometimes life can throw a curve
But you have to keep on swinging hard
Its the only way to knock one out the park
And if it doesn't make it over the wall know that
That the only way to strike out is if you don't swing at all







~ Inspired by Ingrid Michaelson- Just Breathe, Usher- There Goes My Baby
~ For You, Busta, Because u made a request .. and when I got inspired, I obliged
~ And for all my friends, those struggling with exams, pressure, competition, inadequacies, tiredness, LIFE!! Remember, sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. Joy cometh in the morning. Don't forget to keep praying, because God has a plan for all of us.. do your part and leave the rest to Him. (Yeah, if this whole Finance business doesn't work out for me I plan on becoming a pastor, so do not hate on my Pastor Swag!! hehe)
~ Shout outs to (shout out paa? lol).. Mariam, Wendy, Krys, Kay, My Med Sch Peeps, Clark Hse Peeps, Daniel, Sadik (Lover! You fill up my senses! lol), Amtul, Michelle, Babs, Maame, Angela, Shamwow, Powis,Peri Peri Chicken, Seabass, Mawuli, Nana K (eggus), infact am tired- the whoooole fandm squad, past and present, dat be all. 
~ Oh and lastly remember.. things could have been worse!!!





Please, no World Cup, its just humor... but its true things could be worse. (For this to hold, let's ignore the fact that there is a possibility that some people might find the second instance comforting, enjoyable, etc etc..)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks dear <3 u loads n loads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaawwww. its soo sweeettt .. and true! Thanks love! chale if u ever come to need some song and dance ministry.. i gotchu! :)
    <3 always.. B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love u too Kay!

    Hahaha..song and dance ministry eh.. i hear u..i'll be singing at church on christmas :-) solo oh..lol..hmm, my voice is only nice wen i'm singin in church o, i dunno if its some Holy Ghost fire, up in d building or wat...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one, very true and well written. You're singing for Christmas? Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanx Myne. Yes O, i am. tx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cool..keep it comin

    ReplyDelete