1/31/10

Smile


I come to you with a heavy heart
I come with all my burdens
Burdens of past hurts
A pot full of disappointments
A tray with an array of lost battles
I try, I fail
I give, I do not receive
I ask, I get nothing
Fragile little me
Now a bottle of broken pieces
All I ask is for you to fix me
 
She said ....
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Smile?
My face hits the ground
My teeth bites the dust
A smile would be deception
A smile is near impossible
Stormy weather, grey skies
Earthquakes and Hurricanes
Fear and Confusion
Now my only cup of tea
The next step, a strategy
I have no clue
The meaning of life, I seek


She said ....
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

Smile?
When my tears are my only companion
My solitude, my only solace
Humph! Some solace!
Perhaps, a new refuge I must seek
To trudge on, I must
For any day soon all shall be well
All shall be well?
Oh, reason to smile
I try, I give, I ask .. I trust
Any day soon
What will be, will be
For now, I smile 

You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile 


Sending some sunshine your way. :-) If you're feeling down and blue, remember that there are better days ahead .... this too shall pass, Amen. Just keep on keeping on and smile, even when your life feels like shit. Smile, because no situation is permanent. Smile, because its good for your face :-) Smile because I said so. hehehe. Oh, and smile so that your enemies will be shy (my aunt told me that one). So, ya, I'm sending a smile your way. kisses, peace & love. keep praying.
~ Inspired by smile - Nat King Cole
Was supposed to post this earlier on in the year, din get round to doing it.

9 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I am smiling now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just smiles. Great poetry there!! I love this !

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) Thanks guys. keep smiling, u'll give others reason to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Piece love! thanks u just made my week better and Saturday we shall make it the BEST! Smile make i see ur DimPOL! love u shelz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha....love u too. c u on saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done it again, made me smile/grin/laugh hehe :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does this have a double meaning as well? Cos I can't figure out the other meaning besides smile...haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol.. u have issues, Bugs, but no this has no hidden meaning.. and just so you know, i think you are very smart :-) .......... u jus can't speak english. lmao!!!

    ReplyDelete