Come on and come to me now
So much I keep bottled up within
It seems there's no one to turn to
The tears, I fight them
Afraid to come off as weak
Don’t be ashamed to cryLet me see you through
Cause I’ve seen the dark side too
Oh, if it was that simple
My burden, you cannot carry
My baggage, no one knows how heavy
No ray of light shines on my darkness
When the night falls on youYou don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less
I yearn for better days
But I don't know how to get there
My past is not the brightest
My life is not the happiest
I’ll stand by youI’ll stand by you
Won’t let nobody hurt you
I’ll stand by you
But I've been hurt so many times
Been disappointed so many times
Not only am I fragile
I'm angry and pessimistic
So if you're mad get madDon’t hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now
Its easier said than done
For I don't want to be the angry person
The one mad that life is going nowhere
Dejected, frustrated, border-line depression
Hey, what you got to hideI get angry too
Well I’m a lot like you
You don't know my story
You have never walked in my shoes
Some things are best hidden
How can you clean up my hot mess?
When you're standing at the crossroadsAnd don't know which path to choose
Let me come along
Decisions, decisions, so hard to make
And what if I make the wrong choices
What I fail, and keep failing
What if I don't know what to do, where to go
Because even if you're wrongI'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
A companion, oh that sounds so good
Are you sure, that even if I'm wrong .. ?
Even if its more work to stand by me?
Even when your other options are way better?
Take me in into you darkest hourAnd I’ll never desert you
I’ll stand by you
I'm scared out of my pants
It's hard to trust
And even harder to take certain risks
I never want to get lost in the dark
And when the night falls on you, babyYou're feeling all alone
You won't be on your own
All this talk
Can you put your money where your mouth is?
Don't deceive me with fairy tales, building castles in the air
For once I let you in, there is no turning back
I’ll stand by youI’ll stand by you
Don't ever let me go
I won't
Why are you teary eyed?
I'm overjoyed, I'm over-loved, I'm feeling lucky
My broken heart, spread across the skies like Northern stars .. Pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true, that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you :-)
Inspired by 'Stand by You- The Pretenders'
Also, by John Legend - Stay with you. Amazing song, init?
Oh I'll stay with you through the ups and the downs
Oh I'll stay with you when no one else is around
And when the dark clouds arrive
I will stay by your side
I know we'll be alright
I will stay with you
Though relationships can get old
They have the tendency to grow cold
We have something like miracle
Yeah, and I'll stay with you
Oh I'll stay with you when no one else is around
And when the dark clouds arrive
I will stay by your side
I know we'll be alright
I will stay with you
Though relationships can get old
They have the tendency to grow cold
We have something like miracle
Yeah, and I'll stay with you
And there will be heartaches and pains, yes there will
But through it all, we will remain
In this life, we all know
Friends may come, and they may go
Through the years I know
I will stay
But through it all, we will remain
In this life, we all know
Friends may come, and they may go
Through the years I know
I will stay
And in the end I know that we'll find
Love so beautiful and divine
We'll be lovers for the lifetime
And I'll stay with you
I will stay with you
Happy weekend, everyone!!


I love you too Shirley :-) This is a lovely piece
ReplyDeleteThis is so good, I love that song lyrics, I stand by you. Thanks for sharing the John Legend one too.
ReplyDeleteThanks thanks
ReplyDeleteJohn Legend is good chale.
*blogger hug*
ReplyDeleteI'll stand by you hun! this piece got me teary eyed and overjoyed :)
ps John Legend - sighs...
haha.. *blogger hug* lol
ReplyDeleteoh how nice of me to invoke such feelings. mwuahaha.
This one's good
ReplyDelete