10/20/09

Sweet death is still Death




You were killing me softly
Killing me sweetly
There was no complaining
For I was in 7th Heaven
I had fallen into a wonderful dream
The characters being just you and me
My family said I could breathe better without you
And yet I inhaled you completely
My friends said I could think better without you
But you took more than just my sanity
And everyone else was as good as dead
Oh, how sweetly you killed me
Until I could feel no more
Until I could breathe no more
And when I tried to wake up
 I simply could not
I was non-existent
A silent Ghost



2 comments:

  1. First thought..."Killing Me Softly With His Song" by The Fugees
    Favorite line..."And yet I inhaled you completely"

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..i knew everyone would think of killing me softly, i wanted to avoid that but the poem would not have been quite the same so i left it...

    oh and if u dun mind my asking, what exactly made you like dat line?

    but yeah, its interesting..if the person had tried to find his/her senses a little sooner, maybe she/he could have exhaled as quicker than she/he had inhaled, n there may have been hope still.

    oh well..sob sob.

    ReplyDelete