10/14/09

Card Games (Tick Tock Tick Tock #3)



Tick Tock
Tick Tock
The clock keeps ticking
My mind keeps racing
My heart beats even faster
Its not just an ordinary card game
There's a great deal at stake

Tick Tock
Tick Tock
I've got my cards
And you've got yours
Furrowed Brow.. I'm contemplating
Which of my cards will I play
I haven't yet decided
You keep looking at me

Tick Tock
Tick Tock
My mind drifts off ...
I'm building a house of cards
You gave me your cards as well
I'm building a larger house of cards
... All in my mind

Tick Tock
Tick Tock
Rudely interrupting my day dream
I look at you intently
Making eye contact
Relaying a silent message
And then I put my card on the table
Its a King of Hearts

Tick Tock
Tick Tock
My card is on the table
Why is yours still up your sleeve?
It takes you a minute and a half
I'm holding my breath, make it quick
Finally you pull out your card
Alas, its a Joker!!!!!

Tick Tock
Tick ...
Before I hear that annoying clock go Tock
Before my frustration starts to show
I pick up my King of Hearts
Hide it under my sleeve
And I'm on to the next one

I vaguely hear you yell after me
'But I have a Queen of Hearts!'
'I want to play my Queen of Hearts now!'
But its a little too late
I don't want to play card games with you
Not Anymore.


~ It, It, Its Serani, jus incase yu neva know, jus incase you neva know oh oh...lol!! nuf sed!

~ For anyone, everyone, someone and no one.



4 comments:

  1. It's NEVER over till the fat lady sings...in fact, that one saf...Tell the 'persona' that she shouldn't fight the feeling. Hehe
    Nice one btw...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...u r not alright u.... d persona sed dat 'she got a million ways to get it...lol..choose one'. lmao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog, this is my first time here and I love the poem. Well done.

    ReplyDelete