10/2/09

Investments and Dividends



I was ready to invest
Everything i thought was valuable
I expected return on my investments
No matter how small
At least to show that all was not a waste
Time, effort, and the whole shebang

Prospective investments came along
And finally I had a solid portfolio
... Or so i thought
Grade AAA class bonds
At least that's what I was made to believe
I was so proud of my portfolio
I kept investing and investing
In these 'so called' assets

Then the credit crunch hit
The market collapsed
And oh did it hit me bad!
Suddenly I painfully began to realize
That those prized assets I held so dearly
Where completely worthless
Junk bonds parading themselves as grade A
Some of my so-called assets did not exist
A Ponzi scheme indeed!

Indeed I was shuttered
For I had invested in worthless rubbish
I had been stitched up!
Something chronic too!
But I counted my losses
And accepted them for what they were

Now I relieve myself of the junk
For they are liabilities
In no way, shape or form,
Will they ever be assets
I've learnt my lessons
Investment 101
... And call me utterly stupid
But I just might head for the bond market yet again.


~ For Ru-Ru, Pof, Mushi and Bentoa
    Thats why there's this thing called select and delete, init? o gosh, priceless! lmao!





11 comments:

  1. Didn't really know much abt bonds till now. Great comparisons. Haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...tx bugs
    p.s. can i hav my arm back now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure thing b.
    Anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol..... maybe, possible investment options resulting in capital gains...
    ps. i'm risk averse, fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool.
    If I find some will let you know...
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this, makes a good metaphor. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess, you would need to study the markets when you invest in any venture. The credit crunch could get hold of you anytime, anywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the metaphor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Edward - lol, i know right!
    @ Maxine - thanx.

    ReplyDelete