8/13/09

Life, Lemons, Pineapples


Life was all fine and dandy
Till the gods played a bad one on me
Life was all gravy
Till it handed me dem lemons
What to do?
What to do?
'Make lemonade!', someone shouted
'Ask for tequilla and salt!', I heard
'Lemon and honey. Good for the throat!'
I don't particularly like lemonade
I gave up drinking a long time ago
And i had no cough
I still pondered upon my predicament
Dem lemons were beginning to get on my nerves
So i dug a hole and buried them
Took my hoe
And went a-digging for pineapples
Now i'm lounging on my veranda
Admiring my bougainvillea
And sipping on some pineapple juice
mmm...mmm...mmm...mmm
IT IS MAGICAL!!!

~ For Midgiechic & all those 'under construction' :-)

2 comments:

  1. hahaha.hahaha.hahaha. good one Shels.. I smiled a ton when I saw this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad i made u smile. good luck with ur stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete