8/31/09

Tag. I'm it!


This award was passed on by Maxine. I'm to write 7 things about myself and tag others to do the same. So here it goes...

1. I'm not that tech savvy. I know the basics and that's it. I learn as the need arises and if I have the time. (As you can see, I couldn't figure out how to add the link to Maxine's blog in my post. lol. So i just put 'Maxine'. Hopefully she'll comment, and then you can check out her blog from there..its worth the read)

2. My voice has gotten really bad over the years. Somehow the only time my voice sounds remotely beautiful, is when I sing solos at church. Speaking of my solo performances, I end up crying every time I sing at church, and then like half the church is crying when I'm done.

3. I'm an only child. Maybe that's why I take my friendships so 'World Cup'. I don't think the world is all about me though. Maybe because I grew up thinking my cousin was my sister, or maybe because I spent half-my childhood having sleep overs with my best friend. I really don't appreciate it when people jump hastily to the conclusion that because I'm an only child, I'm a spoilt brat!

4. Lend me your ear, and I'll be sure to talk it off! Basically, when I want to talk, I TALK, only when I want to though.

5. I'm too sweet for my own good. People tend to walk all over me. Yet, at the same time I'm allergic to bullshit. I know that sounds contradictory.

6. I cannot stand 'obronis' who talk with high-pitched nasal voices, and those who use the word 'obnoxious' any chance they get, at everything!
'Like I can't believe the train left without us. Ugh, soooo obnoxious'. Are you for real? What you need is a non-refundable one way ticket to a remote village in a third world country.
While I'm on this, I would like to add that I think ignorant 'akata' people who use the word 'ignorant' any chance they get need some serious divine intervention. 

7. I can be forgetful and absent minded sometimes, and I'm really bad with names.

Alright, I'm passing the award to ...

Midgiechic

Ananse's web

Jemila


4 comments:

  1. Tech savvy, I'm not either. But Ive been trying very hard of late and I seem to be doing quite well!
    You cracked me up with no 6! Hahaha! Reminds me of something I saw on TV where a girl insulted a man saying, "You have no f#*king class!" Really? Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Shels... THANK YOU :-)

    @ Kwegyirba...haha the irony of the situation..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha...2 rings so true. For the past 4 months, I had a really bad throat thing going on... Had a polyp on my right vocal chord but thank God it is better now and I can still sing! YAY for singers!...and 6, you are so right!...hehe

    For the link, go to dashboard,New Post or Edit Post, and at the top of the blogpost box, you see several options for spell check, photos,fonts, link etc. When you hit the one for link, another box pops up and you can put anyones blog link in there. So for your's I typed Shels, highlighted your name and hit the "link" and put your blog link in there, hit ok and voila!

    Let me know if that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kwegyirba - That's so funny! wdh
    @ Abena - u're welcome
    @ Maxine - Thank You.

    ReplyDelete