I have nothing against Obama okay. I know some of my friends think I've been hating on the guy. I'm not. I actually admire him a lot. It is the Ghanaian mentality that i don't get. How do you place a ban on funerals in Cape Coast for a day because Obama is coming to Ghana? So if my loved one dies and I want him buried on such and such day, i will have to tell his corpse to wait till Obama leaves? Why? Is the man giving my deceased loved one a visa to 'yankee asamando' or what?
I also heard that they sprayed the whole country (or was it just Accra, I'm not sure. It's hear say. Apparently Zoomlion Ghana Ltd got the contract) to kill mosquitoes because Obama was coming. I guess they had already planned to do something like that and they just felt like it was the right time. So, you knew that you could spray Accra and kill the mosquitoes, but you sat there with your hands between your legs for so long! Do you know how many times I have gotten Malaria? I am very bitter! Plus, do you really think Obama didn't take some anti-malaria tablets before roaming around Africa? That would not be smart on his part, would it?
I just heard that the government spent ONE MILLION GHANA CEDIS on Obama's historic trip to Ghana (I don't know how true this is). I almost choked when i saw this (I was reading a friends blog). I find this so disturbing on so many different levels. Who does that? I think sometimes the Smart Alecs running our country forget that they are running a THIRD WORLD BROKE COUNTRY. I don't even want to go into the level of corruption in Ghana. It's quite ridiculous, but i don't want to shy anyones parents so let me just keep quiet. If they had even spent the money on some infrastructure that would be around for awhile, we would just thank God! In fact, maybe i should go into politics, so that next time when something historic is happening in Ghana, it would mean that i am chopping my Christmas early! Or maybe I should be president, and pull an 'Animal Farm- George Orwell/ Napoleon & the pigs vs the other animals' on everyone, give out random awards with the tax payers money and save the biggest award for myself. Maybe I should just do that.
On a much more serious note, it is time for some serious change in our country. People are hungry, broke and tired in our country. Don't be fooled into thinking any different just because your parents can provide for your needs. ... Oh and by the way, I was absolutely horrified to hear that there have been some reported cases of swine flu in Ghana. I shudder to think about how many lives we will lose if this thing spreads in Ghana. The sad truth is that its only the financially challenged people who will die. You know how it is. I need not explain. Well at least the Deputy Health Minister says the government is putting together an emergency response team so that's good..... Okay, what way I saying about change? Oh yeaaaah change .... This change will only come about if there is a change in ideology and mindset. We are the future leaders, so the change will have to start with us. I see no point trying to teach an old, worn out man with broken bones and teeth how to dance. It's a much better idea to teach a two year old how to dance, and dance very well.
These things we 'have to do and stop'!
Don't we always wait too late to do everything?... Sad as it may seem that is the truth. It's as if mentally we have accepted that our own people are not worth much like anyone coming from outside the country. Heck we even tend to treat our own lighter skinned people differently!
ReplyDeleteAll we can do is "be the chnage we want to see" I guess. Little by little, we are on our way. Oh and thanks for the comment on my post:)
Yeah chale, little by little. If we want change we need to start from the 'man in the mirror', and there will surely be a ripple effect.
ReplyDelete