Okay where was I? Yes, as I was saying, i thought about the night life and the good times i had at Celsbridge (excellent khebabs), Honey Suckle, Twist, Champs (I never got the free drink happy hour thing), and how can i forget Rhapsodys? Never! That place was my joint. One would think my father owned it.
Then i started thinking about how much money i wasted at such places, especially Rhapsodys. If i had gone to some roadside spot like Purple Pub or something, I would have had so much money at my disposal. Instead i decided to waste money buying Mojitos for $8 in GHANA!
The reason why i loved those places so much was because i got to see so many people that I knew, and I also made so many new friends. I also totally loved the ambience. 'Twas all so classy! lol
Where am i going with all this?
I have come to the conclusion that there are people in Ghana who do not know what to do with their money chale. If you have money and want to invest in something, just go and find a good location, find some cheap Ikea furniture, pimp up the place, make it look hot as hell, put some 'obroni' at the door, and charge WHATEVER you want to charge, and the place will be packed! Why? Because Ghanaians like to rosh! ..and who wants to be the only one sitting at the roadside bar when all their classmates are at Citizen Kofi?
Me! Cos the mere fact that i have it does not mean that i have to flaunt it.
ReplyDeletehahaha. true true Shels.. by the way have you found the cheap tix..hook a sister up enh
ReplyDeleteA sad case of misplaced priorities! Personally, I don't like 'pretentious' places because I feel embarrassed for everybody there...then I stop enjoying myself!
ReplyDeleteYes it seems our country has a loooong way to go. misplaced priorities.
ReplyDeleteAbena i'll hook you up when i find something..but i'm looking at tickets from London to Accra.. and no Rhapsodys when we get there, that place is so ridiculous..u can't imagine how upset i was when i found out everything was so much cheaper at other places like Cels.
ReplyDelete